An elegant white shaped canvas construction by Robert Brennan
Beautiful subtle harmonious blues in oil paint,inspired by music,by Robert Brennan
Type your paragraph here.
BA Southern Connecticut State University
MA Columbia University Teachers College
Advanced Study Columbia TC Doctoral Program (Painting and Printmaking)
Professor of Fine Arts
Coordinator of Art Department K-12, Darien, CT
Painting Instructor, Silvermine School of Art, Norwalk, CT
Selected Exhibitions, Awards and Grants:
• Solo Exhibit, Good News Cafe` and Gallery, Woodbury, CT (2009)
• Solo Exhibit, The New Art Center, New York City (2008)
• Viridian Artists 18th Annual Juried Exhibit (2007)
• Contemporary Artists Network Annual Exhibit, New York City (2006, 2007)
• Distinguished Alumni Exhibit, Southern Connecticut State University
• Connecticut Painters and Sculptors Annual
• Art of the Northeast, USA, Silvermine Guild of Artists, First Prize,1991
• New Art Center,NYC, Artists Grant and Solo Exhibition ,
• Artslant, 7th 2013,Showcase Juried winner
• Artslant, 3rd 2016 Prize Showcase Winner
• Artslant , 4th 2016 Prize, Showcase Winner
• Artslant ,5th 2016 Prize ,Showcase Winner
* Artslant 9th 2016 Prize,Showcase winner
*Artslant 6th 2017 Prize Showcase Winner
My love for constructing has resulted in a series of shaped canvas constructions in both monochrome (The White Series) and in color (Dialogues in Color Series).
I enjoy, as well, the manipulation of color, shapes, and textures as if they were notes in a musical composition. The Melody Series is an example of color field painting which has consistently shown up in different forms throughout my painting career.
On my travels, I often set up an easel on a fishing pier or on the edge of a marsh.There are powerfully expressive qualities which can be seen on the beat-up hull of a fishing trawler that communicates life on the sea, which can be both beautiful and harsh.
The landscape surrounds me, and I respond to it through drawings and paintings in water color,oils, gouache, and acrylics.
I am not interested in repeating myself or confining myself to one way of working. I am committed to the belief that the current painting, the one I am working on now, is the focus of my passion. As to the differences among the works, they will, as Picasso once said, " have to learn to get along." Click on Portfolio to view a gallery of work. Unless otherwise noted all works are for sale. Please contact the artist regarding availability and pricing at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203 261 5968